Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Roux Basics

Hello everyone.
Today, we discuss the Roux. I will explain what it is, how you can use it, and show you how to make it.



 This is a level 3 task. Be careful... a roux reaches around 370+ degrees and if it splashes on you, you Will get burned. If it happens, get it under cold water and rinse it immediately.The video gets paused once the roux is finished to save you the time of watching for 20 minutes while the colors change. I will be placing a picture up that shows the different roux shades. Use the video and chart when watching my future posts that require them.
As always, if you have any questions, have failed rouxs and need some advice, or successfully created  one and want to share... email me and I will post it with proper Kudos to You.



1 comment:

  1. A great cooking education thanks for the tips...

    ReplyDelete